Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Toddler Placemat

Grace, my almost 3 year old has a habit of scratching her fork on our new, wood table.  Even though we want to teach her it isn't ok to do that to the table, I decided one summer afternoon that we would make her a learning placemat that she can decorate.

We took 2 pieces of paper.  grace colored and drew on both pieces.  I then took an alphabet template and put it on top of one piece of paper and let Grace color each letter a different color.  The other piece of paper I drew the numbers 1-10.

Then I took a thick piece of cardstock that matches my dining room and glued one paper to each side.


I took out my handy clear contact paper (easy replacement for a laminator) and measured out the size of the cardstock and doubled that ( it will be folded over the other side of the paper) and then it cut it (measure twice, cut once :)


I peeled off the shiny side off and placed the cardstock on top of the sticky side.  Then, I folded over the rest of the contact  paper, trying really hard not to have any bubbles.

 I pressed down and the cut around the whole piece of cardstock and tada.... a great learning tool and a great way to keep your table looking scratch free (hopefully:)



No comments:

Post a Comment