Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Baby Shower Gift

I use to stress myself out thinking of what to get mom's to be and study out their registry list thinking what would be the most useful or helpful thing to get them.  Since becoming a mom and having had a baby shower, registry lists are great (don't get me wrong) but one of the best gifts I received at my first baby shower were receiving blankets that were homeade :)  They are so much bigger than the ones you buy at the store.  You can actually swaddle your baby in them for months instead of a couple of weeks.  So, now that is what I give as baby gifts.

All you have to do is buy a yard of light, flannel material.
Wash it of course!
Double roll the edges and press with a HOT iron.
Choose a fun stitch on your sewing machine.

Sew all the way around your blanket....
and voila a fantastic receiving blanket!

Here was my finished product with a taggie elephant that I made.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! My mother in law makes those blankets too they are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete