Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ric-Rac Flower

I am a big fan of headbands for my girls. First, because they have very little hair when they are born, Second, because I never want them to be mistaken as a boy and Third, well its just too darn cute!  With my first, Grace, she never left the house without a headband on.  I was always making new headbands for her. This time around, with my second little lady, it is definitely a little harder to make sure she has a headband that matches all her outfits, but I am slowly building up the headband loot, again. I came up with this ric rac flower by making those cutie pinwheels with ribbon and thought why can't I do this with Ric Rac?  And, here is what I came up with...
I love it because it looks just like a flower and it naturally makes a flower shape as you coil it around.  I just LOVE it!
Here is the how to....
Dab a little glue from your hot glue gun on the end of the ric rac and start coiling around


Dab glue every once in awhile as you go around in a circle.
It will naturally make a cup shape.
When you are done coiling dab a little glue in the back to attach the end of your ric rac.


Add a cute button or accessory of your choice
Then attach (with hot glue) to some stretch lace and Voila!
Isn't it just darling?

2 comments:

  1. I love little girl headbands! That one is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried to do a ric rac flower before and just couldn't get it to work. You did a great job! These are adorable.

    ReplyDelete