Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Camera Bag Insert





I have been admiring a Camera Purse since I got my camera almost a year ago, but I can't bring myself to pay over $200 dollars for one. I found a purse at Ross a couple months back that I just love and it is a nice big purse by Kenneth Cole and I thought that I could just make a camera insert to protect my camera and put it in my big purse/bag.

Supplies
1/2 inch thick foam
1/4 inch batting
3/4 yard of fabric
velcro
hot glue gun

I cut 3 rectangles 12 x 4.5 (one for the bottom & 2 sides)
Then, I cut 2 smaller rectangles 5.5 x 2.5 for the ends

I covered them with my choice of fabric using a hot glue gun.


I put it all together and adhered it with my handy hot glue gun.

For a divider (just in case I get a new lens :) I cut the 1/4 inch batting to the size I wanted ( 6.5 x 4.5) and covered it with my material.

I used my sewing machine to finish the edges.


I then sewed on the rough side of the velcro to both edges of the divider.

I attached the soft side of velcro into the camera case.
Here is the finished product! I love it. It may not be super quality but it works for right now.


1 comment: