Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday's Munchie- Halloween Dessert


In our little family, we have started a tradition where we go to a little pumpkin stand to pick out our pumpkins the Monday before Halloween, for Family Home Evening. So, it being the Monday before Halloween, tonight is the night we are going! We will be having Chili and Cornbread for dinner and then when we het home from the pumpkin patch we will devour these heavenly Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! They have the perfect amount of spice and pumpkin flavor. They are moist and light at the same time. You have to try these delicious bites of heaven. You won't be disappointed.

( I got this recipe from a friend awhile back and adapted it a little to my liking to the ingredients that I always have on hand in my pantry.)

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or allspice

2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup shortening or margarine
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cup pumpkin
1 cup chocolate chips


Cream butter & sugar. Add eggs, pumpkin & vanilla.
Add 1/2 of flour mixture a stir to combine. Add the rest of flour mixture with chocolate chips.
Preheat oven to 350.
Bake for 12-13 minutes.

* the recipe calls for shortening instead of butter, but I never have shortening just because it kinda grosses me out. I like the mixture of butter & margarine.
* the original recipe also calls for allspice, but I rarely have it on hand, so I use pumpkin pie spice and it tastes just as good.

1 comment:

  1. They turned out great!!! Thanks for sharing the recipie and for your help!

    ReplyDelete